Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Online Reputation

TO: Kandace Reader

FROM: Annie Jackson

DATE: November 20, 2011

SUBJECT: Online Reputation


Dear Ms. Reader,

After reviewing your application I am pleased to inform you that you are being reviewed by our communications team to be brought on as a social media director. This is a very important aspect of our public relations department. Before submitting your application to the board however, I would like to make a few suggestions.
As the social media director of our company it is very important that you have a diverse knowledge of many social media outlets. I have been able to see that you have accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Your Facebook seems to be well used but your Twitter was only created in September and you have only posted a total of 28 tweets in that time. Please show us that you have skills on other sites such as Blogger, Stumble Upon, and Google Plus. We would also like to see more activity on your Twitter account.
Your Facebook allowed me to find out that you was born on August 19, 1990, you are a student at Utah State University, you work at El Sol and you are currently in a relationship. You are taking part in the Occupy Logan movement which means you are most likely interested in politics to some degree. This could cause a problem with our company. We like to remain very neutral when it come to politics so that we can represent a variety of clients without causing any conflict.
After going through your boards on Pinterest I have found that you love tattoos and have a board for pinning new ideas. As far as your career is involved I would like to remind you that we are always dressed in a conservative fashion and all tattoos bust be covered while you are at work. Other than that, I think many of your pins were great.
When Googling your name I was able to see that you had reserved a study room in the Merrill-Cazier Library on November 13th for 120 minutes. This shows me that you are a dedicated student. I’m sure that your discipline in your studies will transfer over into your career and be a benefit to our company.
Once again, thank you for submitting your application. You should be hearing from us in regards to the position within the week.

Sincerely,


Annie Grace Jackson

2 comments:

  1. Annie,
    Awesome job with this post! I think you found lots of good information using only social media. This makes me realize how crucial it is to have a good online reputation because future employers can easily find so much information on me. Great job!
    -Savannah Forsberg

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha so freaking creepy love it! so true though I dont use my twitter. but I do have a google plus account and a blogger. haha reading this when it says I was in a relationship I was like what then I realized that is probably from my facebook (which isn't real) and where did you find the occupy logan thing cause I have no involvement, desire, or interest. so that is interesting. I am so sorry you now know all of this about me.

    ReplyDelete